Tuesday, August 30, 2005


Friends and Family,

This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions and events as I prepare to leave for South Africa. Thank you for all of your support and prayers through this process. You will be missed!

I am leaving tonight at a little past midnight for a red-eye flight to Atlanta where I will then catch an 18 hour flight to South Africa. I am looking forward to some quiet time for reflection, prayer, and sleep (hopefully!).

I have spent the past five days in Colorado enjoying time with family and making last minute preparations for departure. I have enjoyed hiking (above is a picture of my Dad, brother, and I after a hike in the Rocky Mountains), reconnecting with old friends, and sharing meals and good conversations with those that I love.

Prayer requests for the next week-- please pray for safe travels and that I wouldn't experience trouble getting past customs and obtaining a South African visa. Pray for a smooth transition into life there and for a community that I can plug into. Pray that God gives me the strength and energy to minister to the orphans who I will be meeting (and an ability to remember their names! :-))

Thank you for all of your support! Here is my contact information:

Jen Goebel
PO Box 7294
Stellenbosch, South Africa 7599

jen@bridges-of-hope.org
(082) 053-5880

7 comments:

|| davidjay || said...

Jen YOU rock! I'm praying for you and I'm so excited to see and hear about the amazing things God is going to do in you and through you!

Love,
DJ

Anonymous said...

Jen-You will be in my thoughts and prayers! May you sense God's presence during thesee days and weeks ahead. I love you! -macker :)

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you everyday!!!

Anonymous said...

You're in South Africa! Can't wait to hear updates! I think and pray for you everyday! Love you! -Kir

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!

I hope you are well. What a neat way to keep in touch with people, I will definitely keep myself updated =). the wedding was amazing. Beyond my expectations. A highlight before the wedding was definitely seeing you. You are such a radiant light!

Well, hopefully i can send you some wedding pictures soon!

I love you! And Danny and I will keep you in our prayers!

Michelle McCamish =)

Anonymous said...

hello Jen, wow, it seems as if you are experiences some amazing things. I know that all the difficulties will only make you stronger in the end. Continue to look to God for strength and guidance and know that all of us from Ocean Hills are missing you and praying for you.

Sincerely, Sarah Mensonides

Anonymous said...

God has placed you in an amazing role to guide these children closer to him, and I can't think of a better angel than you. I knew you would do amazing things with your life, and now I get to watch them unfold! Thnaks for being so open and sharing your life. My family is praying for you and your ministry. God Bless!

Plonkey