Tuesday, November 22, 2005


SAFARI!!!
This past week I had the opportunity to travel with my parents to Krueger National Park in the northern part of South Africa for a safari. We went on two game drives each day (morning and evening) and were lucky to see the "big five" (elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, and rhino) while we were there along with wild dogs, hyenas, giraffe, cheetahs, scorpions, snakes, frogs, zebras, and lots of birds and bugs. We witnessed beautiful sunsets and what our guide called, "God art"! It was a great time with my Mom and Dad as we enjoyed riding in the jeep looking at animals, eating, talking, sharing, and catching up. It was an experience I will never forget.
The first night we were there the guide got a call on his radio just as we arrived that a leopard had just made a kill (an ampala). So, we dropped our bags and jumped in the Land Rover jeep to check out the scene. I was speechless as we drove under a tree and a leopard climbed the tree and sat on the branch that hung right above my head. I couldn't believe it!? I was literally within feet of this wild animal and could literally hear it panting. Whew!
So, I am back at work and my family has joined me for the week. My brother met us in Cape Town yesterday (he had to miss the safari due to exams at school) and I am really enjoying sharing my life here in South Africa with my family. I am truly blessed!

1 comment: