Tuesday, October 17, 2006

FUN TIMES!
These past few weeks have been full of many fun events and experiences that I wanted to share (complete with photos!) fundraiser, dances, playing with cute kids, weekends at the new farm, and nights spent laughing with my awesome roomie! I am a lucky one! Here are some things I have been up to...

My friend, Siviwe, and I at a fundraising dance/dinner/auction for a local charity

My tennis bud and all-star doubles partner, Riette, and I having fun at the end-of-the-year tennis dance and awards ceremony last week
Myself enjoying time with the kiddies at Tuesday's orphan support group. The little kids (6-12 years) come on Tuesday afternoons and the older kids come on Friday's. On my lap are twins-- Zinthle and Zimkhitha
Myself and the other staff members (and visiting potential staff members on their "exposure" trip) at the farm dedication weekend where we celebrated the new farm that we recently purchased in Franschhoek. This was a fun weekend of good food, games, laugher, late nights talking, and a time of communally praying over the property and dedicating it to God.

My roomie, Lizette, and I having fun in our little flat one evening. A local who is studying at the university here in Stellenbosch, Lizette has a lot to teach me about South African language (how do you pronounce that word again?) , culture (you mean it's not polite to eat burgers with my hands? Oh, come on-- you know how much of a mess I make when I try with my fork and knife!), music (what is that noise I hear coming from the other room?) and foods (banana, hamburger meat, and mushrooms on pizza, what?! ...are you sure?!) We have a lot fun together and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful roommate!

No comments: