Monday, January 09, 2006


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas season and are enjoying the beginning of 2006!
Whew... I have neglected my updates for a while, so I guess I have some catching up to do...
I just returned to South Africa after a wonderful two weeks spent in Colorado and about a week spent in Santa Barbara. I enjoyed time with my family skiing in Breckenridge for a couple of days, cooking, playing tennis, board games, and some competitive rounds of ping-pong! We celebrated Christmas Eve at our house with extended family and I enjoyed the opportunity to catch up on people's lives and give updates as to what has been happening in South Africa. I left on the 27th of December for a week in Santa Barbara where I brought in the New Year with some of my best friends from college (see above picture!)
I arrived back in South Africa on Friday and am here to stay for the next year. It was really hard to say goodbye, but I am excited to dive into ministry as we are busy planning and organizing for the upcoming year. We are moving into a new office space next week and are anxiously anticipating the purchase of a farm to serve as a retreat center and leadership academy. Three new staff members are joining the team in the next few months. There is a lot to look forward to and plenty to keep us busy!
As we start this new year, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of you for your continued prayers and support. It was such a joy for me to get to reconnect with a lot of you while I was home and I look forward to keeping in touch and knowing how I can encourage and pray for you this upcoming year. I will be adding entry's to this blogsite 1-2 times a week with updates and ways to be praying. I often send out an email notifying you that I have added a new entry. If you would like to be taken off of this email notification list please let me know and I will remove your email address. Thank you, again, for your support and please keep me updated on how you are doing as well!

Love and Prayers,
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!
I also had some catching up to do on your blog. Such a blessing. I am finishing up my break before Student teaching again. March 17th, I am offically done with school! I saw Grandpa and Grandma here for my graduation in December, I am sure you saw them when you went back to CO.

I will continue to pray for you and look forward to more updates!

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Mr. & Mrs. Liccardi here. (Wow, my first time on a blog site :-)

We enjoy your newsletter and wanted to give you a personal greeting. We anticipate you getting closer and closer to Jesus as you live and work in Africa. May you know the depth and height of His love as you sacrificially serve Him. His faithful love and provision will overflow to those around you.

XXOO
Nancy & Dick

p.s. nancyl@thelifeline.net